View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 AM

Hello, I am new to this, but I also have Prialt in my implanted pump. I have been on this drug since September 2008. I have had 6 spine surgeries, ( plate in my neck, herringrod down the center of my back and a plate at the lower back). I haev had 3 pain pumps. That's another story! I have nerve damage in my legs) to many to know how many spinal block, burning of the nerves, steriod injection and steriod by mouth. I was also on many different pain medications (by mouth and in my pump) before the Prialt. My doctor admitted me the hospital September 11, 2008 to stop my pump and to clean it out and my system before the Prialt was put in. I was on a morphine drop and It took 5 ivs before they could get a hold on my pain. once the pump was stopped. That was a rough 3 days. I left the hospital in a wheel chair and had to walk with a cane. My doctor started the Prialt a drop a week. I mean a drop. He turned it up every week. If I didn't feel good that week he would go back down for me, So he tried to make it easy for me. At first I had headaches and sick on my stomach. He gave me break through medication to take every 4 hours. that helped plus medication for the sickness. I have had a few side effects but they go away in 2 to 3 days. (I do have some stories to tell) He went from a 3.9 to 4.2 this time. stating I could handle it. It has been rough for the first 2 weeks. My memory and my speach was effective. I am on my 3rd. week and I am getting back to normal. Thank God. I have learnt that this drug may show signs of working even a month later. So now he willl leave it up to me, if I want to go up next month. I am here if there is anyone that would like to talk. I have had a hard time as anyone would have with this condition. I don't know how I would live without it. Having a pain pump inside your belly and being on a drug like Prialt is enough to drive a person crazy and it is hard when your family don't have a clue on what you are going through. Hang in there! wavedreamer1