View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Default Lost Alone And Weak.. I Am That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akspecial View Post
My husband had prialt in his pump and in Oct of 2007 he ended up in the hospital.Psychotic "side effects".I don't know if anyone has had the same experience as him, but we have had a LONG hard time even after the drug was taken out.He still suffers from paranoia,kicks alot @ night,depression and memory loss to name a few.He use to be an active man and now he doesn't like to leave the house.Has a rage that is hard to control now-mood swing?And feels like no one understands.The Drs say that after the prialt was taken out he shouldn't have ANY side effects-I find this to be not true.He looks so lost @ times and I am so sad,mad and confused @ what I can do.He is getting counciling but he is not the man I knew.Really needs someone who is experiencing the same-is ANYONE going through this?Pls let me know-so he knows hes not alone.He needs support.
FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE MARRIED A UNBELIEVABLE UNDERSTANDIN WIFE, I WAS A VERY GET IT DONE PERSON, WORKED HARD, AND WAS A GO GETTER, I AM 53 M WITH ACUTE DIABETIC NEUROPATHY AND HAVE LOST MY LIFE PRETTY MUCH TO PAIN, I KNOW MY WIFE MUST FEEL AS YOU DO BECAUSE AS I TELL HER THIS IS NOT WHAT SHE BARGAINED FOR WHEN WE MARRIED, DEPRESSIONS, LOST FEELINGS AND THE PAIN IS SOMETHING ONLY I CAN FEEL, I KNOW SHE FEELS SAD, LOST AT TIMES AND JUST DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, FRUSTRATION OF MY PAIN SOUNDS JUST LIKE YOUR HUSBANDS, I HAVE TURNED IN TO ANOTHER PERSON AND WITHOUT HER I AM SURE I WOULD SURELY HAVE COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE SIN, SORRY FOR YOUR HELL BUT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY MATTERS TO HIM...I ALWAYS FEEL THAT MY WIFE SHOULD HAVE ME GO AND LIVE ALONE JUST BECAUSE OF THE MISERY SHE HAS TO GO THROUGH SEEING ME GO THROUGH THE PAIN. I WOULD RATHER SEE MY WIFE WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND HAPPY, SOUNDS STRANGE BUT I LOVE HER MORE THAN LIFE AND DON'T THINK ITS FAIR HER LIFE HAS TO COME TO A HALT BECAUSE OF MY MEDS, NEEDS AND PAIN.
HOPE THIS HELPS, I AM THINKING OF TRING PRIALT BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF HORRIBLE STORIES ON THIS DRUG, I NOW AM TAKING 8 SHOTS OF 4MG 1 CC DILAUDID JUST TO GET BY AND I HATE IT....GOOD LUCK
DIABETIC 53 M WITH CRONIC NEUROPATHY IN BOTH FEET, 5 YEARS OF PAIN, 2 YEARS OF COMPLETE MISERY , PAIN LEVELS AT 5-8 AL THE TIME, NOW ON 4MG 1CC IM DILAUDID AND HATING IT, WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT PRIALT, THEY SAY ITS MY LAST RESORT?? LOOKING FOR HELP FROM OTHERS TO TALK TO ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THIS NIGHTMARE!
SURGERIES: DELLON PROCEDURE NERVE DECOMPRESSION...EPIDURAL INJECTIONS, SPINAL CORD STIMULATER,