Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Scott

Default Zoegran with Adderall

I am 43 years old and recently started taking Zonegran in addition to Adderall for ADHD. Th eAdderall works well for my ADHD. The Zoengran is suppose to help the Adderall work for a longer period of time and reduce the irritability that the Adderall sometimes causes. I am concerned about possibile side effects. The Zonegran has actually kept me awake at night. My doctor suggested that I try taking during the day instead of at bedtime. Does anyone have any comments or similar experiences?<br><br>Scott
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Trish

Default re:scott

Scott,<br>I currently take Adderrall to counteract all the other meds I am on. I take 37.5 mg of Paxil CR once a day, .5 mg of xanax when needed, and 25mg of seroquel at bedtime for sleep, to name a few. My dr. recently added 100 mg zonegram to this concoction. All these anti-anxiety, anti-depression meds make me so tired and lethargic i can hardly find enough energy to get out of bed before 3 in the afternoon. So to get me moving and to keep me focused i've been prescribed 30mg adderrall twice a day. i found that taking the adderrall has helped tremendously. <br> I also wanted to know if anyone has experienced serious muscle weakness since being on zonegram. it's only in the upper right side of my body. but it's so severe that holding a phone to my ear for longer than 10 minutes causes discomfort and pain. i'm supposed to up my dose this week but am holding off till i see my dr. to ask him about this.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Tracy Colleen

Default Zonegran+ adderall

Scott. I'm 32 and also take that combo. 200mg zonegran and 30mg adderall. When you figure out when to take it want to give me a clue? Cuz its 400am and I'm still not asleep as usual. Thanks alot, Tracy Colleen
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Jeannie

Default Zonegran/awake at night

I have been on Zonegran taken before bedtime for about four years. I am 43. In the last year, I have been unable to sleep through the night which is completely new for me. Just 3 weeks ago, I got off my schedule and accidently started taking it at lunch. Since then, I have been able to sleep through the night completely and feel like a totally new person. I didn't realize how sleep deprived I was. Hope this helps. FYI I am currently talking to my doc about switching to Lamictal which apparently has less side effects IF it works for a person. But Zongegran was a WHOLE lot better than Dilantin. Good luck.