Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Yasmin

Notices

Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 AM
j

Default yasmin

It seems the number of yasmin pills i've taken also happens to be the number of zits on my once lovely face! I decided to get off of them after almost 3 months. to the person who has nice, mositurized skin from them,I'm so glad... you seem to the the exception. but mine is much drier than it normally would be...and the breakouts are much more painful and totally relentless. just one after another...plus they don't even heal as fast anymore. no other negative side effects with me however... but the breakouts are the worst. This is crap and I don't have to take it anymore. out with the trash they go. btw, mine is also on the lower half of my face. girls, don't let this pill bully your face for months and months. I think 3 months is a fair amount to suffer...at least for me....
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Default yasmin

i too had a wonderful complexion before taking Yasmin, after 2 months on it, I now have painful cysitc acne and breakouts. I also have gained a little weight. The only benefit was an end to my heavy, painful periods. I am going off of it!! But dont know what to do about my periods or if I should try another pill?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Mandy

Default yasmin

I'm on my third month of Yasmin and it's done wonders for my skin!<br><br>I was previously on Diane 35 for my acne problem but a rise in price caused me to stop them. I have tried other pills and they just made my skin worse. When I started Yasmin, I noticed that my acne was clearing within the first month.<br><br>From what I've read in the Yasmin Monograph, acne can be an adverse effect from these pills(or any other brand for that matter) so that's what some of you may be experiencing.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 PM
marie

Default used it for 5months

I also experienced a lot of acne, but around the 5th month my skin started to clear up. However, I discontinued using this pill because it made me so thirsty and dry everywhere. I had to pee all the time. <br>Now i'm using ortho tricylen. I'm my skin is almost acne free, and the thirst is gone.