Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Singulair

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Louise

Default No Subject

Hi<br>I've just started on singulair and I've fond that I also have had terrible mood swings. They're not disimilar to PMT.<br><br>I've also had awful pain in my ankles and knees and I've felt too sick to eat most days.<br><br>None of these are listed side effects but the symptoms have clearly displayed themselves since I've started on the course. Am I alone with this or has anybody else had these symptoms?<br><br>I'd like to talk to anyone who has about any possible alternatives or aids. The pain in my joints is getting to the point where I can no longer walk but I don't want to go back on steroids.<br><br>Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
linda

Default mood swings

i also have mood swings,mostly depression.i'm taking singulair,advair,combivent,xopenex,and i smoke.was wondering why everything is getting worse instead of better.i recently tried suicide.my eye site is getting bad.aches and pains everywhere.suffer from swelling,my kidneys dont work good.cold spells,etc..
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Default singulair and leg, knee pain

If the article about suicide had not appeared in my newspaper, I may never have looked up Singulair and the posting from people. Exactly 3 weeks after taking 10mg Singulair for allergies, I found myself with ankle. leg and especially knee pain. What bothered me most is the weakness that I felt upon getting up after sitting for a while. Totally baffeled because I had always being so active. Doctor sending me to therapy to work on the knees, but I am now convinced it has to be the Singulair. I will stop it and see if my pain subsides. I do know that on a three day weekend trip when I forgot to take my Singulair with me, the pain on my knees and legs was considerably less on the second day of not taking the meds. Now I see why,,,at least I am hoping this is the problem and I can get back to feeling like myself again, forget the drippy nose, I shall invest in good, soft tissue for the drip!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:23 PM

The side effects of singulair have been recently updated to include mood changes!Please help us make others aware by visiting our site www.parentsforsafety.org. We are a group of concerned parents committed to educating others about the possible side effects of this drug. We are conducting research and advocating for labeling changes and other reforms.