Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Provigil

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I started provigil 5 days ago.!/2of 200 in th am. not as tired. then I took the 200 whole dose as I was told. I have been sleepy as usual.I even have had coffee all day.I feel like it really should work. How long does it take to get the full benifit? Is this something I can take the rest of my life? I also have hypothyroidism and take cytomel and synthroid. this fatigue has caused so many problems for me for years I am 45.Does anyone else know if thyroid problems can benifit from provigil?<br>MWM
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Sandi

Default profvigil with hypothyroid

I have been on provigil 200 mg for shift work for several months and was taking it only on nights I worked...it was great, kept me awake all night with no side effects. (unfortunately no weight loss either) Just this past month I have developed thyroid problems...hypo with goiter formation and nodules....and one of the main symptoms is overwhelming fatigue. I am undergoing all the tests, radioactive scans etc, so have not been started on thyroid meds yet, however my dr did advise to start taking the provigil daily. I took my family to Disneyland for 5 days last week and was able to keep up with hyperactive 6 and 11 year old boys, even riding Space Mountain several times as well as California Screamin' and walked all over both parks several times each day....the past 2 days I was on tests so didn't take it....wiped out! No energy, no strength, I could do almost nothing! Took provigil again today, half an hour later, I feel awake again! I think it is a great drug, perhaps you are one of the ones who needs a larger dose. Sandi
Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I see a pain management doctor for my fibromyalgia. I also see a hemotologist due to I have low red blood cells and my monocytes and lymhocytes are high, so I have chronic fatigue. I was precribed PROVIGIL<br>and I have been taking it for 3 days now, and if anything at all, I feel drowsy and like I have had quite a few too many drinks! My doctor told me it can take 7-10 days to get the full effect of the medicine and what I am experiencing is a normal side effect. If this drug dos not work, he is going tp give me a drug that he gives to his chemo/cancer patients. I think he said it is Erythopotein, I am not for sure how you spell it. Don't give up until you have given it the full 10 days. <br><br>Best of luck to you<br><br>Holly- Texas