Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Provigil

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
cheryl

Default chronic fatigue

I have had chronic fatigue for about 13 years and also developed fibromyalgial about 4 years ago. I have lived on pain meds and sleep meds for my insomnia at night, but I am so tired all the time that I don't have much of a life anymore and have been on dissability for two years. My fatigue is much worse than my pain but because it is not neuoralogical I can't get provigil from a Neuoralogist, but I have been told that some psyciatrists are prescribing it. If anyone knows of one in the Santa Clara County that works with this medication please let me know. I would like to have enough energy to live my day life so I am tired out enough to sleep on my own without medication hopefully.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Tina

Default availability of provigil

I do not live in your area (I live in Texas), but my family physician prescribed provigil for me - he suspects I have chronic fatigue. As you know, there is no test for it, just process of elimination unfortunately. You might want to try your physician - I guess all they can say is no <br>I have been taking provigil for about two weeks now - I just take 1/2 the prescribed amount in the a.m. because I couldn't go to sleep at a normal hour at night. I have definately seen an improvement in my energy level...I don't feel like sleeping all the time! I'm not saying it is a "wonder" drug, but if you experience the same feelings of exhaustion I do, it sure seems like one!<br>Good luck
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Carol

Default No Subject

Cheryl, I just read your input regarding your fibromyalgia/fatigue situation. I have been tired all my life and about 12 years ago was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. When I couldn't adjust to the Cpap machine, I was prescribed Provigil--that was about 2 or 3 years ago. At first it seemed like the "wonder drug" but after a while I had to keep increasing it. I'm up to 400 mg a day and want to sleep all the time. In the meantime, about a year ago, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am in a great deal of pain and am living on Ibuprofin daily in large quantities--Lyrica doesn't work for me.<br><br>I'd like to give you positive information, or maybe since you wrote this, have found a solution. I did notice that the Provigil website does have some kind of reimbursement program--check into that if it is still a problem. <br><br>The real reason I am responding to you is that you said you are on disability. I have applied for disability and have several other problems that alone, none of them would qualify me for disability, but together they may. I was wondering what else you may have that would qualify you or how you presented your case. I should be hearing from them in the next month or so as to whether or not I have been accepted or denied. But if you can give me some insight that may help, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if I can be of any help to you, I would be glad to do what I can. Please respond to me--simen4293@comcast.net if you get this. Thanks. Carol