Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Provigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Concerned Parent

Default Acne

My daughter has been on Provigil for 4 years now for narcolepsy. Recently we have noticed an increase in facial and back acne. Has anyone else experienced this. This a hugh concern for her as a young college student.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
kryan73

Default No Subject

I was put on Provigal for fatigue also. I am soooooo glad my doctor recommended it. I did have headaches & stiffness in my neck at the beginning but after awhile it goes away. I would definately recommend it IF you can get through the headaches. Years ago there used to be stimulants that sold at gas stations to help keep awake awhile driving(like a cheap grade of white cross) That's the type of headache you get. Give it a try. I have lost weight also since I can stay more active these days. I had gained 65lbs from fatigue over the past few years. Even though it's only 10lbs I lost for now, it feels good to walk down the street with a bounce in my step again.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I was researching provigil on the net because I just started taking it about 2 months ago. Never before have I had a problem with acne but since the start of this drug I had a break-out on my back. I saw that your daughter had the same problem. I am 21 years old... whatever happened with it?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Dave

Default No Subject

This is probably caused by it's affect on her birth control pill. Since there is a known direct affect between the two. She can probably find some relief by switching birth control pill, and she should NOT be relying on the BCP alone for contreception while on Provigil.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Angie

Default Provigil and acne

I have been off and on Provigil, and when I start taking it, within hours I get a new pimple. I think it increases testosterone because oil production increases as well as the other effects of testosterone. I have no idea what to do about the acne because the drug works for everything else, but I can't deny this one side effect. I wouldn't listen to people who say that Provigil isn't causing this effect.