Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Welchol

Notices

Old 08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
June

Default Welchol

I have two questions. <br><br>1. Is it alright to take Welchol with Inderal LA?<br><br>2. Is it alright to take it if you have a hiatal hernia, acid reflux and no gallbladder (removed two years ago). With already having stomach problems I was a little afraid of something that works on your digestion system.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Jenni

Default No Subject

My doctor gave me Welchol because of all of those problems, not for cholesterol.<br>I had my gall bladder removed 2 1/2 years ago & have had servere stomach problems ever since. I went to so many doctors I can't even count them all.<br>Finally an internist told me to try this & the difference is amazing!!<br>He told me that sometimes after having your gall bladder removed, bile will leak into your intestines & cause most of the problems I was having.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Apparently I have had the same problems as Jenni and went to 4 gastroenterologists before I found one that could help me. I had severe stomach problems and could not tolerate fats after the gall bladder surgery. I even had one doctor to tell me there was nothing wrong with me. I have been on it about a month and all the symptoms have improved. It has been wonderful.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Susie

Default No Subject

I had my gall bladder removed in January of 2003. Since than I have had life altering GI issues. I have been to many doctors, had every test imaginable and tried dozens of medications. Nothing has helped. My new doctor prescribed WelChol several weeks ago. So far the results have been amazing. I take one with breakfast and have had no side effects. I am hopeful for the first time in years.