Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Provigil

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Angy

Default Provigil works!

I have been taking Provigil for 3 years for excessive daytime sleepiness and can only speak favorably about this medication. During my first year I was also on Wellbutrin (my antidepressant) with no negative side effects. I have been taking Lamictal as my antidepressant for the last two years and again have experienced no side effects. I take 200mg before work and 200mg 4 hours later to get me through work as I do data entry work 8 hours a day. Somedays I need more but this dose has worked out for me. I started at 100 mg 1 a day, then 2x a day and built up to 200 mg twice a day under my doctors supervision. Provigil is a medication that has required prior authorization from health insurance plans which has not been a problem until today. PACIFIC CARE insurance has decided that their prior authorization department knows more about my disorder than my Neurologist and has denied coverage for PROVIGIL for me. Eleven days have passed since the first request from the pharmacy. Although I have continued to expain how necessary Provigil is to my life, PACIFIC CARE doesn't care! I'm back to falling asleep at red lights, falling asleep at work while my supervisor yells at me, etc. PROVIGIL DID ALLOW ME TO HAVE A LIFE. If you can get it through insurance, I say take it!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Josh

Default scared about pacific care

Hi,<br><br>I have been turned down for health insurance by many companies. my wife and I have been paying for provigil with help from friends in our community out of pocket. my wife is starting her first "real job," we both ahve been grad students for years, and she is getting pacific care as our insurance. But I have been trying to find out the answer to the million dollar question of if they will be covering my medicine. Have you had any luck?<br><br>Josh
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Michael

Default IT WORKS !!!

I just started taking providgil just 3 days ago and i can feel the diffrence. I have ben able to concentrate (SP) and have more enegry thru the day. When Provigil first starts you feel like you are on a roler- coaster but it is worth the side effect. If anybody has any information on Provigil Contact Me At mjdomulot@cox.net. <br><br>PS. PROVIGIL ALOWED ME TO HAVE A LIFE.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Sara

Default No Subject

Check with NORD (National Order of Rare Disorders) they have some guidance with getting this thru some insurances. Good luck! I was able to finally get it thru assistance as I had no insurance. You are right, it allows us to have a life!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
christine

Default Provigil and KLS

My daughter suffers from Kleine Levin syndrome and she takes Provigil--it has actually saved her life and this drug in conjunction with birth control has allowed her to have a life at college--she was diagnosed 6 years ago. NEVER has my insurace paid for the Provigil-they also denied that this drug could be used for day-time sleepiness--I pay $700/month for my daughter to take this medication.....My insurance company is Assurant/Time Health out of Milwaukee.....I would be interested if any other insurance carriers have denied Provigil for them.....Christine
Old 03-13-2011, 02:59 PM

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy http://onlinecheappills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Last edited by Laura633; 02-08-2016 at 03:19 AM.