Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Avelox

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
kim smith

Default DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG

HI... I took this drug for 2 days, 2 doses of 400 MG Each for a sinus infection. The first day and a 1/2 I could not sleep, my eyes were so wide awake. The next day, I totally freaked out, I was paranoid, had anxiety attacks, hullucinated. I felt like people were following me, were out to get me. I drove my car, with my 2 small children and don't even remember driving it or how I got from one place to the other, which is about 45 minutes away from eachother. It also did something to my lungs to where I couldn't breath. I felt like I was breathing through a very small hole, I thought I was going to die. EMS came out, gave me a breathing treatment, and I threw up, and after that I was fine, with the breathing part. I would close my eyes at night and see kalidascopes. This is the worst experience I have ever had. I can not remember anything, and I have lost some of my memory, and it's been a few days since the drug is "supposed" to be out of my system, and my head still feels fuzzy, and weird. This drug has done something to my brain function, and I have a feeling it's not going to go away.... Please, stay away from this drug. I have also heard that, if you have taken this drug, and eat chicken, or turkey, or eggs, or mayo or anything to do with chickens and turkeys you will have more reactions, because this is the drug they give to the chickens and turkeys to kill off any bacteria they may have. This drug is very dangerous, and there is a family of them, stay away from all of them !!! It's not worth it !!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Susan

Default No Subject

I would like to know if your problems went away. I have a cloudiness in my head since I started 7 days ago and wonder if I should stop.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:28 PM

Default Avelox

I was also wondering if the confusion went away. I have been off of the medication for 3 days and I am still confused. I also have headache and by body stll aches.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM

Default can you let me know if your sympthoms went away?

Hi, I took this terrible drug for 3 days and now has been more than 5 days and I am still confused and lightheades. Can you tell me if it will go away? When did you start feeling normal?
Thanks for helping,
Luiza.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 AM

Default Avelox

I am on day two of five on AVELOX 400mg for the treatment of bronchitis. I felt very anxious, nervous, confused, dizzy, and almost couldn't continue driving. In short, i am mentally impaired while taking AVELOX.

Should i continue to take this drug? At night only while sleeping? Will these side effects clear up after i finish my last dose?