Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Avelox

Notices

Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
JimN

Default Insomnia ?

Starting on the first day of taking AVELOX before bed, I experienced 3-4hrs of not being unsable sleep. Is this common ?
Old 08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
lonna

Default couldn't sleep

I took my first 400mg dose before bed and I too couldn't sleep. It was a miserable night - I felt restless and nervous. I hesitate to take my second dose today. Does the sleeplessness go away or does it get worse?
Old 08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
Tara

Default Avelox & sleeplessness

I am writing this response to you at 4:00 a.m. because I can't sleep from the medication too - It is a common side effect as is dizziness/nausea. Makes you wonder if it's worth taking...I'm only on my second pill of a 7-day prescription and I feel like I should take myself off it.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Dear Jim,<br>I am experiencing insomnia since taking avelox, this is only my second dose. Thanks for sharing your comments on avelox.<br>
Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Babe

Default No Subject

<br><br>Try taking your one dose of Avelox about 1:00 pm and that gives it time to sort of wear off. I had no trouble sleeping last night after taking the first dose yesterday. Hope this helps
Old 09-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Nani

Default sleeplessness

I had the same thing happen to me. I took it before bed instead of the day as it made me nauseated, so I figured take it before bed....wrong! I was up for 3 hours before I could fall asleep.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I also experienced insomnia when taking Avelox at night. I changed to taking it during the day.<br>
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Sandy

Default sleeplessness

Yes I just started taking Avelox and have the same problem with sleep. I feel nauseated also. I feel very weak also. I hope this changes soon. The expense of the medication makes me want to take the entire prescription. I guess we have to deal with the side effects.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
ConnieSue

Default Getting ready to start it

I was trying to find the right time of the day, and how others took it, and this has concerned me about even taking the first dose. I wish we had comments from those who completed the treatment and had gotten past the effects. Is anyone here know anyone who did ended up doing ok, once past the first effects?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Arlene

Default Taken 1 1/2 so far

I took my first pill the day before yesterday and within 2 hours I had the worst case of diareah and then sick to my stomach. I decided to take half before I went to sleep and that worked pretty well - so far. I' with everyone else - is it worth it to take with so many side effects.