Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
christan

Default info please?

In july of this year my 7 yr. old had her first seizure. The doctors watched her and then sent her home after 4 days. She had her second one in October, this one was less harsh. She has been suffering from headeaches and nausia. They decided to put her on zonegran, after reading all the comments and seeing that most of the people had had problems for some time now and her only having 2 seizures I have a bit of reservations about going ahead with her taking it any insight would be nice.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Powers

Default Christan

Hello Christan,<br> My daughter as well has only had two visible seizures, but she has been on Zonegran for 4 years without any major complications. She did have weight loss the first 2 years, but has maintained her weight the last couple of years. Make sure if your daughter starts this medicine to give her lots of water to drink to avoid dehydration, kidney stones, and this medication does not allow children to sweat adequatly. She needs to drink 8 glasses a day. I hope this has helped you some.