Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Micardis

Notices

Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Hamdi Latif

Default Micardis

Micardis (80 mg. and 12 1/2 milligrma of HCT)was prescribed to me three weeks ago (in the last week of June 2003). On July 15th, I was in a car accident after I "blacked out" at the wheel for about half a minute. I was then taken to the hospital for observation, bruises, contusions, adhesions, chest pain and bruised ribs. I took me up to six weeks to recover from this accident. <br><br>During the same time, I was also taking a beta blocker- Meoprolol (Lopressor) which I have been for the last five years with no side effects. <br><br>I stopped using the Micardis since the accident on July 15th and am therefore still experiencing high blood pressure. <br><br>Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Linda

Default No Subject

When I started taking Micardis my MD put me on 80 Mil that also contained 12.5 HCT. I got so weak that I could not crawl out of bed. When I went back to him he put me on the straight 80 Mil without the HCT and it had worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago and then I could feel my blood pressure going up again. He now has me on an additional pill Toprol-xl 50. It has stabilized by blood pressure, but am having some additional worries. etc blurry sight, red eyes, runny eyes and a nagging cough. Dont know if the medication has anything to do with it.Oh, another thing I started having numbness in my fingers when I was on micardis by its self, but I believe the numbness is going away.<br><br>Would love to hear from anyone out there.<br><br>
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Maybe it isn't the Micardis, maybe it is the HCT part of the drug. I too was taking Micardis HCT and experienced severe flashes of light, nausea, felt like I was going to black out, my arms felt like they were a sponge being rung out, occational rashes on my arms, stomach and back (looked like a sunburn). My doctor stopped the Micardis HCT and switched me to just Micardis and added a different diuretic (Lozol), he said I was allergic to the HCT. Have had no problems since then and an added benefit was that although the HCT was dropping my potassium to a dangerous level, it was not lowering my pressure enough, but the Lozol did without depleting my potassium.<br>Good luck
Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdi Latif View Post
Micardis (80 mg. and 12 1/2 milligrma of HCT)was prescribed to me three weeks ago (in the last week of June 2003). On July 15th, I was in a car accident after I "blacked out" at the wheel for about half a minute. I was then taken to the hospital for observation, bruises, contusions, adhesions, chest pain and bruised ribs. I took me up to six weeks to recover from this accident. <br><br>During the same time, I was also taking a beta blocker- Meoprolol (Lopressor) which I have been for the last five years with no side effects. <br><br>I stopped using the Micardis since the accident on July 15th and am therefore still experiencing high blood pressure. <br><br>Any comments would be appreciated.
acorn here..I was also concerned about driving due to dizzy after 10 days on micardis. see post by me "acorn". I am stopping till doc has a comment (in a week) which is worse..high bp or a car accident...??