Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Abilify

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Default Claudann I am feeling the exact same way

I have experienced "depression" since I can remember but always justified it somehow. In 2001 I realized I no longer had a justification so "asked to be put on paxil' since it worked for my father...over years moved to lexapro. Within the past two years things changed. I lost focus and my depression returned. I have had a very successful career and at 43 things changed but assumed I just needed a new antidepressant then self diagnosed myself as ADHD. I finally decided to see a Pychiatrist who after 3 months of assessment has diagnosed me as bipolar II.

Lamictal at 100 mg has done nothing for me. I have experiend agrivated depression and today my doctor recommended "partial therapy" which meant participating daily with a group from 9 to 5. The thought of that made me sick to my stomach for my thought was "how in the hell did I get here". My physchiatrist has been very consertative by my request by today I was placed on abilify 10mg with lamictal moving up at 150mg. I am scared as hell. I too have experienced extreme states of anger and irratibility to crying for no reason.

I miss my mania for it was what I consider good mania...whitty, sense of humour, creative etc. Ok...I won't shut up, interrupt and at atimes can be annoying as crud but right now I am scared as hell and don't know what to expect. Reading what you and others have wrote gives me some hope. I also have been placed on a low does of lexapro but not sure I want to take it...it seems like too much...thoughts? I am on a leave of absence and am scared my successful career may be ruined by all this. How could this happen. Is it age...43 or just never being diagnosed properly? Like all of us we just want to feel normal or atleast normal enough to control our emotions...because who is really normal..right? (PS...ired and my computer won't let me down load spell check at the moment)
Old 12-28-2009, 12:00 PM

Default lamictal/abilify

i have just recently been put on the combo... after putting me on abilify celexa combo.... so i have to come down off the celexa still before i start feeling better... i'll keep updates.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Default My wife with BP II

My wife has been diagnosed with bipolar II (depressive cycles) and hardly any mania from last 9 years. She has been in Lamictal from last 7 years now and most of her depressive cycles appear during or after the monthly period but not always true. We took second openion, they susggested to add birth control (3 months pills - Seasonale) to see whether the depressive cycles reduce or disappear. it has been now 7 months, I don''t see any improvements.

We tried adding prozac with lamictal but didn't work. After reading some of the good comments, I'm wondering whether we should ask our MD to look into low dosage of abilify to see whether it makes any difference.

One other note is when she was pregrant 5 years ago, we didn't see any depressive symptoms yet all, but after the delivery every 3 months she used feel depressed. When our baby is 1 yr, depressive cycles lapsed again every month with her monthly period but in between it used dispaaer for 2 months....

But from last 2 years it has been constant struggle every month, it drags her to bed and sleep for 4-8 days... otherwise she is very active and energetic monther and wife. Unfortunately she cannot take-up any career due to this struggle...

She has family history of bipolar disorder mother and grand mother...

Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 04:26 AM

Thumbs up

I was on Lamictal and Abilify in the past. Then, I was on 300 mg of Lamictal and 20 mg of the Abilify. I'm diagnosed with manic depressive bipolar disorder panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. I also took 20 mg of Lexapro, 1 mg of Klonopin 3x daily, and Elavil (i'm not sure what dosage). I stopped my meds when I got pregnant, and am now back on the combination of Lamictal and Abilify, as well as the Lexapro and Klonopin. When I was first diagnosed, at 13, I tried SEVERAL different meds. None worked, until I found this combination of medications. (I'm now 20.) With the Abilify added, I found that I am a totally new and refreshed person. It seems that ALL my meds work perfectly since the Abilify was added. My pharmacist told me that L/A was not a good combination, in fact, a dangerous one. Although, my doctor has never said anything in those terms and with these meds working so well for me, I won't stop taking them just because of a "pharmacist's opinion". Obviously, it IS NOT proven that Lamictal and Abilify are a bad combination, and reading the replies, it seems, if anything, it's a GOOD combination.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 AM

I have been on lamictal for a few month's now. I started on a low dose then was increased every two weeks, Now I am at 200mg in the AM and 200mg in the PM. I am doing good with not having extreme low's! I do miss my high's! I am still not there yet!!! Today I was added abilify 2mg ~ I asked if I can start at a higher dose I was told I need to start low then increase! I have heard great things and I am looking forward to see if this does work for me. I feel like many on here, trying many different medications ~ just need to find the right one or few to get there!!! I will give an update in a week and see if anything is new. I had asked if this would take several weeks as the others would have She said I will know sooner than later!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 AM

Abilify without a prescription - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k
Old 07-12-2016, 12:54 PM

Exclamation xanax, adderall, percocet, norco, pain killers, actavis, ketamine, methylone, and man

Quality pain killers, anxiety pills, Anabolic steroids
We sell best quality pain killers, anxiety pills, Anabolic steroids,
HGH,pills/tabs and some liquid meds at good prices to people with
prescription and those with with no prescription as well. We supply
discreetly via fast and secured courier service. Below is a list of
our most purchased

Contact our medication store with the below addresses
Contact email:healthmedicationstore@gmail.com
Text (US ) (310)-596-2907

Below is a list of our most purchased meds .........

Purple Actavis cough syrup, Painkillers..
Tusionex:$85
Actavis purple cough syrup:$200
Suboxone 8mg : $6.50
Hydros Yellows: 10/325-$4.50 each,
Hydros Blues 10/500-$5.50 Each
30mg IR ritalin-$5.00 each,
20 mg IR ritalin-$5.00 each,10mg IR ritalin-$3.5 each
Percocet 5mg-round white- $10.00 each,
Percs 10mg-oblong side-$6.00 each,
Morphine-$11 each,
Dilaudid 8mg-$6 each,Dilaudid 4mg-$3 each
Xannies (White and yellow Bars)-$6.00
each,Roxi 30 blues-$9.00 each-sale!!
OC 80's-$15.00 each,
Fent pops Atiq 1200mcg-$22.00 each,
Fent pops Atiq 1600mcg-$27.00 each,
Fent Patches Gel 100mcg-$12 each,
Vicodine-$6.67each----vails-$6 each,
LSD.........330usd

We also sell high quality medical marijuana, ketamine and also Pain, ectacy sex pills , steroids
Contact email:healthmedicationstore@gmail.com
Text (US ) (310)-596-2907