Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Micardis

Notices

Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Steve

Default Sore Joints

I have been taking Micardis for over two years. I never noticed any side effects at first, but for the last 5 or 6 months, I have been having very sore joints, muscles, and fatigue. My job is strenuous at times, so being 52 years old, I,ve been thinking it's my age, but I have fellow tradesmen my age and older who don't have the joint pains and fatigue the same as I do. I never considered that it could be the Micardis untill this morning, and when I found this web site and read that other people have joint pain and fatigue since taking Micartis, I wonder if that's my problem? <br><br>Has anyone else suddenly developed these symtoms after taking Micartis for more than one or two years?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Ashley

Default sore joints and fatigue

I am 55, male and have been taking this for two weeks. On about the 10th day I noticed the fatigue and soreness in joints in feet, legs and shoulders.<br>I am calling my MD tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Micardis

I read your remarks on taking Micartis. I have the same side effects,I have been taking this medication for three months.I was wondering if there this another medication for people who have these side effects can take.thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Which of the following medications cause excessive urination (4 or more times at night)?:<br><br>Micardis HCT - Zoloft - Lescol XL - Trazodone. <br><br>I'll appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Dan

Default sore joints and fatigue

I am 55, male and have been on Micardis for about 2 mths. I also seem to have some soreness in my hands and weakness as well. I started wondering if it could be this medication. I will contact my MD.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
jim

Default fatigue and anxiety

I have taken this medication for nearly 2 years I never miss a pill ( ONe each day) I have fatigue and some anxiety and lose my keys etc. If I get still I go to sleep wherever I am. I take no other rx meds...but I wonder if anyone else has the anxiety, irritability and also I have to get up during the night to urinate....let me hear from you...I am 70years old....Dr. says I have post traumatic Stress, lost only son 5 years ago, lost brother father favorite uncle within 6 months..... thanx jim
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
tom

Default No Subject

I am a 68 yr old male and have been taking Micartis for a couple of years.At first I was on regular Micartis and then was put on Micartis HCT. During the last few months I began to experience side effects similar to those mentioned above. At first I thought it was the onset of MS or some other nuerological disorder but your comments give me food for thought.Guess a cnsult with my PCP is in order. Thanks for your comments.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I have been taking Micardis for over two years. I never noticed any side effects at first, but for the last 5 or 6 months, I have been having very sore joints, muscles, and fatigue. My job is strenuous at times, so being 52 years old, I,ve been thinking it's my age, but I have fellow tradesmen my age and older who don't have the joint pains and fatigue the same as I do. I never considered that it could be the Micardis untill this morning, and when I found this web site and read that other people have joint pain and fatigue since taking Micartis, I wonder if that's my problem? <br><br>Has anyone else suddenly developed these symtoms after taking Micartis for more than one or two years?

Have you been tested for other possibilities? I don't know why a drug would suddenly cause this - was your does increased? Do you drink Alcohol? Drink enough water? Just curious if you've looked at other reasons for your pain and symptoms.