Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Bextra

Notices

Old 11-18-2003, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I've been on Bextra for about three months for a degenerative disc condition and osteoarthritis. I have experienced stomach burning and what seems to be a very light rash on my forearms. The rash does not itch and the stomach problem subsides if I reduce my dosage for a day or two. I was very worried about taking this medicine after reading about it on the Internet and even threw out the first batch of samples the doctor gave me. However, my back pain was so bad that I felt I had to try it as the only other alternatives was temporary relief from spinal injections. At this point I'm really glad I gave it another try. I would be interested in long-term effects also. This is a new drug, only released in 2001, so I doubt there is much that is known. I feel that we are the guinea pigs but it has been worth the risk to be without the severe pain.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Paul Moffett

Default Bextra for Arthritis Relief

I have not experienced any side effects from the drug except from high blood pressure. I think I am going to recommend to the Doctor to make a switch just to be safe. However, when I went off it for just a couple of days earlier, the pain was almost unbearable. Please feel free to Email with comments.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default long term bextra use

I've been taking 20 mg bextra for 20 months and the only side affects I've had are headaches that lasted for a few days. Then dizziness and seeing little stars if I turned my head to fast. I stopped taking the Bextra for a couple days the systems went away now I only take the Bextra a couple days a week and havent had any problems .