Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Bextra

Notices

Old 05-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Fatso

Default bextra

I am an active, once trim, weight conscious 30 something female w/ 2 torn ligaments in left ankle with lots of fluid in ankle area according to MRI. I have not had severe pain, just discomfort and swelling. I have not changed diet at all, still do some light isolated lifting even biked and hiked, and I have gained 8 pounds in 3 days since I took 20 mg of Bextra!!! How the H--L is this possible?? Water retention from pills?? or are there steroids in Bextra that have caused me to gain? It has now been 4 days since I have taken pills and the weight is still there. I stopped taking pills on the 3rd day and did not resume for fear of packing on more weight. This sudden weight gain has caused me to be seriously depressed. Please advise if anyone knows if Bextra causes weight gain.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
john

Default gained 6 lb in 3 days

Took Bextra for wrist pain and gained 6 lb in 3 days. MD didn't know what he was talking about. Told me it should have made me loose water. <br><br>I had already looked it up and know he was wrong. I had already stopped taking it and never took it again. I read it could cause congestion around the heart.<br><br>About that time all the warnings started coming out about Bextra also.<br><br>I take Aleve on an as needed basis and have never had a problem. Won't take any NSAID regularily except 81 mg aspirin as was prescibed by my cardiologist.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
took Bextra

Default No Subject

I'm an older man who walks and works out with weights. I'm in pretty good shape. I took Bextra for three days and gained 6lbs. Quit taking it and the weight was gone in just a few days.